Advent Calendar: Day Twenty-four

December 24th, 2009

advent-day-twentyfourWell, we’ve almost made it, folks! It’s Christmas Eve, which means that tomorrow the first part of The End of Time will have its official debut in the United Kingdom, and the Tenth Doctor’s last adventure will begin!

And, as frequent visitors to WhovianNet will know, we’ve been planning our farewell to him for a while now. Since September, to be precise.

Of course, we’re talking about The Christmas Project, which we launched earlier this year with the intention of creating a scrapbook full of your messages to send off to David Tennant to thank him for all his hard work, commitment and dedication to Doctor Who over the past four years. And now the big moment has arrived…

Today, for our penultimate Advent Calendar update, we bring you a video slideshow of some of the pictures (not all of the snaps could be included for privacy reasons – sorry!) we’ve taken of the finished product, which you can view below!

We’d just like to say a big thank you to everybody who contributed, and also everybody who has supported the project, especially Kasterborous and The Doctor Who News Page. We couldn’t have done it without you!

1. TSG
    December 24th, 2009 at 3.23pm | #1

Oh my gosh, that’s so brilliant! And my story’s there, at 2.36!! That’s so exciting! To know that David Tennant is going to read something I wrote… I’m not one to get starstruck, but I don’t care anymore! I’m so ridiculously overexcited!

2. The-OncomingStorm
    December 24th, 2009 at 4.49pm | #2

Watching that really made me feel a little emotional. Everybody’s done such a fantastic job and I’m sure David Tennant will appreciate all the people who have contributed.

The picture with ‘you were my Doctor’ couldn’t be more true for me too… next Friday is going to be heartbreaking.

Well done :)

December 24th, 2009 at 5.00pm | #3

Well, I didn’t see my message in that video anywhere, but even so, I’m sure it was in there somewhere.

The Christmas Project was a great, one-time-only opportunity for Doctor Who fans to contribute to something that I hope David will keep and treasure into the future, a permanent sign of appreciation for all his work on the show from his fans.

Connected to that, I’d like to thank the Admins of Whoviannet for being the ones who gave us that opportunity to personally say farewell, in a way, to the 10th Doctor and for a lot of us, our Doctor.

4. Ellis
    December 24th, 2009 at 5.22pm | #4

1:57 TO 2:03 Is mine one! thanks you ever so uch for this Whoviannet! it’s brilliant!
    Thanks
    Ellis

5. David
    December 24th, 2009 at 11.45pm | #5

Wonderful! Merry Christmas WhovianNet & all its visitors!

6. Alice
    December 25th, 2009 at 12.02am | #6

Absolutely brilliant!
    I saw my little piece there too!
    Merry Christmas.
    X

7. Ms Gamgeek
    December 25th, 2009 at 12.12am | #7

Great work everybody!

8. Shauna Curtis
    December 25th, 2009 at 12.55am | #8

I’m so happy to see my contribution in the scrapbook! I hope that he enjoys the book and know that we will all miss him and in my opinion is the best! David Tennant Tenth Doctor 2005-2010

9. Andrea
    December 27th, 2009 at 5.11am | #9

Holy cow, I see mine.

I hope Tennant enjoys the finished product as much as we all have enjoyed putting it together.

10. love ten!
    July 23rd, 2010 at 1.14am | #10

OH! That was so amazing! He was the BEST DOCTOR WHO EVER! And, I like that you made it , about him being the doctor! So cool!!!!!!!!!!!!