Catrin Stewart to appear in Series 6 of Doctor Who

March 24th, 2011
catrin-stewart-to-appear-in-series-6-of-doctor-who

A recent update on the online CV of Catrin Stewart has revealed that she’ll be appearing in Series 6 of Doctor Who.

Her casting will no doubt lead to speculation among fans (in case we haven’t got enough already!) as a result of her character’s name. Of course, a name is just a name, and we’ve got no other proof at the moment, but, interestingly, she’ll playing a character called (highlight to reveal) Jenny in a forthcoming episode. Make of it what you will, but it’s interesting to contemplate over nonetheless…

Stewart has previously appeared in Casualty, Misfits, and on stage in A Doll’s House.

As always, share your thoughts on the latest developments in the comments below.

Break your silence in our ongoing Series 6 discussion, Silences, Rivers and Songs

March 24th, 2011 at 5.04pm | #1

As the article says, spoilers.

It would be really great to see Jenny (The Doctor’s clone daughter) again and for the new actress to be proof she could regenerate, since we’re still not sure she could, but I can’t believe it’ll be the case personally.

Right now, I’m inclined to think it’s a coincidence that her name’s Jenny, but it would be great to see the Doctor’s daughter Jenny again one day and for her to be established as a proper Time Lady, rather than a clone that can’t regenerate.

2. Platypus
    March 24th, 2011 at 6.18pm | #2

Well, as Ten would say… *WHAT?!*

3. TSG
    March 24th, 2011 at 6.30pm | #3

Warning, admin: the spoiler is clearly visible if you come here via RSS!

Eeee, I like this spoiler. We’ve been waiting for this since series 4, if it is implying what we’re inferring. :D

4. admin
    Staff
    March 24th, 2011 at 7.02pm | #4

@TSG

Thanks for pointing that out! Problem sorted :)

5. PondandBeyond
    March 24th, 2011 at 8.31pm | #5

Interesting! :)

6. Professor Zed
    March 25th, 2011 at 1.37am | #6

I hope it’s a different character. I might just be the only person who wishes Stephen Moffat had stayed quiet and not made his off-the-cuff remark to RTD that Jenny should live and zoom away at the conclusion of “Doctor’s Daughter”. Besides simply not caring for the character, I feel her “coming back to life” really negated the fantastic preceding scene in which David Tennant displayed such incredible emotion at the loss of Jenny. Of course, that’s just me.

March 25th, 2011 at 3.23am | #7

I think I’m just a bit bored of the whole “Last of The Time Lords” thing, that the Doctor has no equal, it’d be cool to have another Time Lord out there, or even better, a Time Lady.

I’m still inclined to think this Jenny won’t be the Doctor’s daughter, but who knows.

8. MJ
    March 28th, 2011 at 2.10am | #8

Personally, I think the name of the character is just a coincidence. I would think that, if Jenny were to come back, either Georgia Moffett would return, or they would have a different name attached to the character to surprise the fans with her regeneration. I could be wrong, though. With the end of “The Doctor’s Daughter,” it sure seems like Jenny’s return is inevitable.

9. qwerty
    June 5th, 2011 at 9.09am | #9

wait, was jenny the maid in this episode?

10. qwertz
    June 5th, 2011 at 1.25pm | #10

@qwerty
    yes, jenny was the “maid”