What did the world think of Miracle Day’s finale?

September 17th, 2011
what-did-the-world-think-of-miracle-days-finale

Miracle Day reached its dramatic conclusion in the UK on BBC One on Thursday night, with an audience of 3.9million tuning in for its final instalment.

According to the Telegraph, the episode was “very talky”, and they have praised Eve Myles in particular for her “bravura performance”. The Guardian admits that the series climaxed “with actually quite a bit of class”, and the Independent also agrees that it “was rounded off in supreme style”. SFX have given the “irritatingly vague” episode 2.5 out of 5.

Elsewhere, Radio Times has said The Blood Line “suffered from uneven pacing, careless characterisation and a lack of focus”, but do you agree? Was the finale a worthy ending?

So, that’s it for Torchwood: Miracle Day! Thanks to everyone who has commented/rated in our discussions over the last 10 weeks. We’ll have to wait and see if Jack and Gwen will be back for more, but, in the mean time, you can relive the Miracle over at our mini-site!

Looking into the future, what would you like to see in Series 5? Or do you agree with John that a movie would be the the right way forward for the team? Have your say below!

Unravel the latest Series 4 developments in our ongoing and dedicated discussion

1. The Parminder Victorious
    September 17th, 2011 at 12.48pm | #1

My word to describe this entire season, minus a couple of enjoyable eps, is meh.

September 17th, 2011 at 1.08pm | #2
  3. Exterminate
    September 17th, 2011 at 1.47pm | #3

Same here. “Uneven pacing” pretty much describes this entire series. This was certainly no “Children of Earth”. They coulsd have told the story in half the episodes. It felt like the stretched it out to meet a contractual obligation with Starz for 10 episodes. Even with better pacing, the story was still just ok, not great.

4. Patman
    September 17th, 2011 at 4.12pm | #4

Gah. That ended *really* badly, for all kinds of reasons. I think my jaw actually dropped when the bad guys stood around, explaining how the heroes could stop the Evil Plan For World Domination…and then continued to stand around as the heroes sloooooooowly started, well, stopping the Evil Plan.

5. shawn
    September 17th, 2011 at 8.25pm | #5

really didnt like this ending it was a load of rubbish in my own personal oppinion

6. Nicolette Baker
    September 17th, 2011 at 10.05pm | #6

That’s it then … you’d all rather have a great big blank nothing on your screens than have a Torchwood which could improve and grow ….. I give up ….

7. The Parminder Victorious
    September 18th, 2011 at 9.28pm | #7

@Nicolette Baker Yo, demanding something better isn’t a big leap.

8. Patman
    September 19th, 2011 at 3.12am | #8

Nicolette: I’m not anti-Torchwood, I just don’t think what I saw was very good.

9. Rassilon’s Rod
    September 19th, 2011 at 5.29pm | #9

@Nicolette Baker
    I give up too, we’re clearly in a minority here! But it was brilliant, I don’t care what anyone says!

10. Emerald
    September 20th, 2011 at 9.27pm | #10

Ach. I’ve got to be honest, as much as I love Torchwood and co…when the Family started talking about Plan B at the end, I found myself shouting “No, no, no!” at the idea of doing all that again. It was a good idea. But the whole series has been far too inconsistent to warrant repeat.

Send them back to Cardiff. Give them 45mins to save the world/Wales from some tenticle-y monster. Throw in a few innuendos for good measure. Bring back the Torchwood that we know and love.

11. Grace
    September 21st, 2011 at 5.14pm | #11

Change the name to Torturewood and call me!

12. Emerald
    September 21st, 2011 at 5.48pm | #12

Oh, and what was with the last lines? “That’s impossible!” “What? What?! WHAT?!” I was almost expecting to see David Tennant come flying in, demanding royalties.