WhovianNet’s ‘The Doctor & I’ book cover is here!

September 23rd, 2013
whoviannets-the-doctor-i-book-cover-is-here

We’re VERY excited to finally be able to bring you the cover of our upcoming Doctor Who book, The Doctor & I!

Back in June we embarked on the mighty task to produce a book full of Whovian stories and memoirs to release in time for the 50th anniversary in November. We invited visitors to share the tale of their introduction to the Who fandom and were absolutely blown away by the response, receiving over 150 entries from all over the world. We’ve been working our socks off to get it ready and now it has a cover to boot!

We really hope the artwork is instantly recognisable to Doctor Who fans and just like the TARDIS it’s based on, the book will be bigger on the inside with your heartwarming tales of just how being a Doctor Who fan has shaped, and sometimes even saved, your lives…

Pre-orders will open shortly and the book will have a RRP of £8.99. It will be available as a standard paperback and also in ebook format. It will be published by GJB Publishing.

We’d love to know your thoughts so please feel free to post any of your feedback below.

September 23rd, 2013 at 9.25am | #1

I really like the Tardis background. The blue colouration is nicely rich and the Gallifreyan writing behind “The Doctor & I” is well placed.

I wonder if you and the publisher have considered switching the location of “An unofficial timey-wimey publication” with the location of “compiled by WhovianNet.co.uk”.

The only reason I’d have considered it would be because the “timey-wimey publication” line might have better filled the “compiled by” space, while the “compiled by” line is almost like “By …” and is across two lines, so it might have been suited to somewhere closer to the bottom in the bigger panel.

That would have been my only suggestion. Otherwise, I really like the design.

£8.99 for a novelty book with potentially limited appeal is quite an ambitious price, but I’ll be happy to pay for a book that I’ve been part of and is a unique record of a section of the fanbase in the 50th Anniversary year.

2. Frankky Hightower
    September 23rd, 2013 at 6.03pm | #2

I love it! So glad to be able to be a part of it. :)

3. Patrick
    September 23rd, 2013 at 11.02pm | #3

when is this released? and will it be released in shops like wh smith etc?

4. Chris coker
    September 24th, 2013 at 1.51am | #4

Love the cover! Looking forward to getting my copy (and seeing my essay in this excellent book).

5. Amber Jackson
    September 24th, 2013 at 10.07pm | #5

So I’ve never posted on Whoviannet before, but how do I find out if my essay is going to be in the book? Thanks for any answers, and nice book cover!! :D

6. Patrick
    September 24th, 2013 at 10.48pm | #6

@Amber Jackson

Buy it lol :P

September 25th, 2013 at 10.46am | #7

@Amber Jackson
    If you gave your entry in via e-mail or included your e-mail address, then the WhovianNet admin may e-mail you and let you know. They contacted me and let me know my entry was included.

If you didn’t, I’d contact them via the Contact Us page, which you can find on the top-left of this page, and ask them.

They may still be going through the entries. The creation of the cover doesn’t necessarily mean they’ve finalised the entries that will go into the book.

8. Amber Jackson
    September 25th, 2013 at 7.00pm | #8

@JC
    Ok, thank you very much for the help! I did submit my essay via an email so I’ll just wait for a reply :)

9. joshrr
    September 29th, 2013 at 9.28pm | #9

Good cover, I like it. Its simple yet stylish.
    Will this be avaible on Forbidden planet?

10. Guy The Zygon
    October 2nd, 2013 at 2.50pm | #10

Pure chuffed with the confirmation my essay is included! – now oozing away to absorb several swift pints of Skarasen elixir in celebration – Doc-torrrr :D