Your favourite Steven Moffat premiere revealed
This past month you’ve been voting for your favourite Steven Moffat series opener, and with his last ever one now just a few hours away, the results are in!
And it’s probably the one you were expecting.
With 46% of the final vote, The Eleventh Hour has reigned supreme as your ultimate Moffat-penned premiere. It’s the one that started it all, for him at least, as it heralded the beginning of a shining new era, introducing not only a brand new Doctor, played by Matt Smith, but his new sidekick, too.
And Amy Pond’s debut still stands as one of the best companion introductions in the show’s history. Not only was the episode an epic race against the clock as our new heroes sought to catch Prisoner Zero, it also kick started one of the biggest story arcs that the Moffat era has ever known. All the answers lay within that ominous crack in Amelia’s bedroom wall…
The world was saved and Amy finally stepped aboard the TARDIS (albeit 14 years later…), and, if this result is anything to go by, the episode still holds a special place in your heart.
Big thanks to all who voted. The full list of results has been compiled below. Do you agree?
- FIRST PLACE: The Eleventh Hour – 46%
- SECOND PLACE: The Magician’s Apprentice/The Witch’s Familiar – 18%
- THIRD PLACE: The Impossible Astronaut/Day of the Moon – 15%
- FOURTH PLACE: Asylum of the Daleks - 7%
- FIFTH PLACE: Deep Breath – 7%
- SIXTH PLACE: Let’s Kill Hitler – 6%
- SEVENTH PLACE: The Bells of Saint John – 1%